Thank you for visiting the Jane Darcy website. Jane Darcy Limited is committed to safeguarding your privacy. We are extremely safety conscious and treat your private information with the utmost respect.
Any information or data collected from you whilst using the janedarcy.ie site will be used during the order process, or to improve our service to you. We store information including customers name, email address and transaction history to help deliver a seamless service to you.
If you have any questions regarding the use of your personal data please contact us and we will gladly assist you.
If a customer wishes to have their information removed from our database, this should be requested by email to firstname.lastname@example.org
Table of Contents
- Definitions used in this Policy
- Data protection principles we follow
- What rights do you have regarding your Personal Data
- What Personal Data we gather about you
- How we use your Personal Data
- Who else has access to your Personal Data
- How we secure your data
- Information about cookies
- Contact information
Personal Data – any information relating to an identified or identifiable natural person.
Processing – any operation or set of operations which is performed on personal data or on sets of personal data.
Data subject – a natural person whose personal data is being processed.
Child – a natural person under 18 years of age.
Data Protection Principles
At Jane Darcy, the security of your personal information is our top priority.
We promise to follow the following data protection principles:
- Processing is lawful, fair, and transparent. Our processing activities have lawful grounds. We always consider your rights before processing personal data. We will provide you with information regarding processing upon request.
- Processing is limited to the purpose. Our processing activities fit the purpose for which personal data was gathered.
- Processing is done with minimal data. We only gather and process the minimal amount of personal data required for any purpose.
- Processing is limited with a time period. We will not store your personal data for longer than needed.
- We will do our best to ensure the accuracy of data.
- We will do our best to ensure the integrity and confidentiality of data.
Data Subject’s rights
The data subject has the following rights:
- Right to information – meaning you have the right to know whether your personal data is being processed; what data is gathered, from where it is obtained and why and by whom it is processed.
- Right to access – meaning you have the right to access the data collected from/about you. This includes your right to request and obtain a copy of your personal data gathered.
- Right to rectification – meaning you have the right to request rectification or erasure of your personal data that is inaccurate or incomplete.
- Right to erasure – meaning in certain circumstances you can request that your personal data be erased from our records.
- Right to restrict processing – meaning where certain conditions apply, you have the right to restrict the processing of your personal data.
- Right to object to processing – meaning in certain cases you have the right to object to processing of your personal data, for example in the case of direct marketing.
- Right to object to automated processing – meaning you have the right to object to automated processing, including profiling; and not to be subject to a decision based solely on automated processing. This right you can exercise whenever there is an outcome of the profiling that produces legal effects concerning or significantly affecting you.
- Right to data portability – you have the right to obtain your personal data in a machine-readable format or if it is feasible, as a direct transfer from one processor to another.
- Right to lodge a complaint – in the event that we refuse your request under the rights of access, we will provide you with a reason as to why. If you are not satisfied with the way your request has been handled please contact us.
- Right for the help of supervisory authority– meaning you have the right for the help of a supervisory authority and the right for other legal remedies.
- Right to withdraw consent – you have the right to withdraw any given consent for processing of your personal data at any time.
We will review all requests and queries in accordance with the General Data Protection Regulation 2018. We will endeavour to respond to all requests within one month. We are entitled to extend this term by an additional two months depending on the complexity of the situation.
Data we gather
We may obtain personal information about you from various sources. We want to get to know you, as this allows us to personalise your experience with us, and makes your interaction with us more enjoyable.
We know this is a lot of information, but we want you to be aware of your privacy rights and how the law protects you.
We do not collect any personal data in relation to your religious, political or philosphical beliefs, race or ethnicity, or health information.
We do not store your password in plain text. Your password is encripted, so we cannot see what it is. We can however process a request to reset your password if you have forgotten it.
Information you have provided us with
The information we collect from you during your visit to our website is used to help deliver a product/service or to enhance your customer experience with us. Example of this information would be; your name, email address, billing address, delivery address, payment card details, etc. We save the information you provide us with in order for you to comment or perform other activities on the website. This information includes, for example, your name and e-mail address.
Information automatically collected about you
This includes information that is automatically stored by cookies and other session tools. For example, your shopping cart information, IP address, shopping history, etc. This information is used to improve your customer experience. When you use our services or look at the contents of our website, your activities may be logged.
Information from our partners
We gather information from our trusted partners with confirmation that they have legal grounds to share that information with us. This is either information you have provided them directly with or that they have gathered about you on other legal grounds.
Publicly available information
We might gather information about you that is publicly available.
How we use your Personal Data
We use your personal Data in order to:
- provide our service to you. This includes for example registering your account; providing you with other products and services that you have requested; providing you with promotional items at your request and communicating with you in relation to those products and services; communicating and interacting with you; and notifying you of changes to any services
- enhance your customer experience
- informing you about the latest updates to the site that you might find interesting
- fulfil an obligation under law or contract
- administrative purposes i.e. processing payments
- personalising your visits to the site
- conducting market research
We use your personal data on legitimate grounds and/or with your consent.
On the grounds of entering into a contract or fulfilling contractual obligations, we process your personal data for the following purposes:
- to verify your identity
- to provide you a service or to send/offer you a product
- to communicate either for sales or invoicing
- to communicate with you about a comment, photograph or content submitted to the site or a complaint you have logged
On the ground of legitimate interest, we process your personal data for the following purposes:
- to send you personalized offers or communication
- to administer and analyse our client base (purchasing behaviour and history) in order to improve the quality, variety, and availability of products/ services offered/provided
- to conduct questionnaires concerning client satisfaction
As long as you have not informed us otherwise, we consider offering you products/services that are similar or same to your purchasing history/browsing behaviour to be our legitimate interest.
With your consent we process your personal data for the following purposes:
- to communicate and personalise communication
- to send you newsletters and campaign offers
- to inform you if you have been successful in any competition or promotions on our site
- for other purposes for which we have asked your consent
We process your personal data in order to fulfil obligation rising from law and/or use your personal data for options provided by law. We reserve the right to anonymise personal data gathered and to use any such data. We will use data outside the scope of this policy only when it is anonymised. We save your billing information and other information gathered about you for as long as needed for accounting purposes or other obligations deriving from law, but not longer than is reasonably necessary to perform the request, activity or legal obligation.
We might process your personal data for additional purposes that are not mentioned here, but are compatible with the original purpose for which the data was gathered. To do this, we will ensure that:
- the link between purposes, context and nature of personal data is suitable for further processing
- the further processing would not harm your interests
- there would be appropriate safeguard for processing
We will inform you of any further processing and purposes.
Who else can access your Personal Data
We do not share your personal data with strangers. Personal data about you is in some cases provided to our trusted partners in order to either make providing the service to you possible or to enhance your customer experience.
Our trusted partners are required to respect the security of your personal data and to treat it in accordance with the law. We do not permit any third parties to use your personal data for their own purposes. Any data processed by a third party must be carried out in accordance with our instructions.
Third party service providers may be required to assist with the following tasks; help with our IT services, order fulfulment, ie courier companies, showing you products or offers you may be intersted in, ie google, facebook or direct marketing companies, the requirement of reports of processing, ie revenue, customs or other authorities.
We only work with processing partners who are able to ensure an adequate level of protection to your personal data.
We disclose your personal data to third parties or public officials when we are legally obliged to do so. We might disclose your personal data to third parties if you have consented to it or if there are other legal grounds for it.
How we secure your data
We do our best to keep your personal data safe. We use safe protocols for communication and transferring data. We use anonymising and pseudonymising where suitable. We monitor our systems for possible vulnerabilities and attacks. A strictly limited amout of trusted people have access to your personal data. Should we need to collect personal information from you, we will only retain that information as long as it is reasonably necessary to fulful the activity, request or to enable you to continue to use our services, or as required by law.
Even though we try our best, we can not guarantee the security of the information that is transmitted over the internet. However, we promise to notify suitable authorities of data breaches by any unauthorised third parties. We will also notify you if there is a threat to your rights or interests. We will do everything we reasonably can to prevent security breaches and to assist authorities should any breaches occur.
If you have an account with us, note that you are required to keep your username and password secret, and must not allow others access to your account.
We do not intend to collect or knowingly collect information from children. We do not target children with our services. You must be 18 years or older to have an account with janedarcy.ie. Should we become aware that we have received personal information from a site visitor under the age of 18 years we will delete this information from our records.
Cookies and other technologies we use
A cookie is a tiny text file stored on your computer. Cookies store information that is used to help make sites work. Only we can access the cookies created by our website. You can control your cookies at the browser level. Choosing to disable cookies may hinder your use of certain functions.
Please refer to http://www.allaboutcookies.org if you require further information about cookies in general or would like to know how to disable cookies on the website.
- Necessary cookies – these cookies are required for you to be able to use some important features on our website, such as logging in. These cookies don’t collect any personal information.
- Functionality cookies – these cookies provide functionality that makes using our service more convenient and makes providing more personalised features possible. For example, they might remember your name and e-mail in comment forms so you don’t have to re-enter this information next time when commenting.
- Analytics cookies – these cookies are used to track the use and performance of our website and services.
- Advertising cookies – these cookies are used to deliver advertisements that are relevant to you and to your interests. In addition, they are used to limit the number of times you see an advertisement. They are usually placed on the website by advertising networks with the website operator’s permission. These cookies remember that you have visited a website and this information is shared with other organisations such as advertisers. Often targeting or advertising cookies will be linked to site functionality provided by the other organisation.
The data protection authority of Ireland shall have juristiction over the processing of any of your personal data by Jane Darcy Limited.
The processing of your personal data by Jane Darcy Limited shall be subject to the laws of Ireland, including the General Data Protection Regulation from 25th May 2018 onwards.
Phone: 00 353 1 5672471
Address: Jane Darcy Limited, Unit 1, Block B, Broomfield Business Park, Malahide